Gaelic Jig/REB

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Gaelic Jig/REB
  • From: ranchiris@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:53:36 EDT

       I have only ROSALIE FIGGE starting a stalk right now, although a friend with more shade has ZURICH in bloom & HARVEST OF MEMORIES with stalks.  Only STARMASTER tried to throw a stalk for me this summer - a stunted one with only two much appreciated blooms.
       Our annual desert "monsoon" rains have cooled things off & provided clouds and rain.  The iris are responding with renewed growth.  The spurias have broken dormancy & started growing, too.  I'm busy digging them for our club sale.  Check out our Tucson Area Iris Society Website:  TucsonIris.org    If you haven't seen it in a while, there are new pictures of our Spring Show & info on our local members'  hybridizing efforts.
       The pictures of GAELIC JIG & COFFEE MALT were posted in response to a request for pictures.  I got them from Keith Keppel & I think they were already acclimated to our hemisphere.  I especially liked COFFEE MALT.

Kathy Chilton
Tucson AZ
Zone 8/9

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor