Re: Fire Ants (was Photo Thanks, Kathy!)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Fire Ants (was Photo Thanks, Kathy!)
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 22:44:19 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/2003 6:09:46 PM Central Daylight Time, h.clem@verizon.net writes:

Bill    when I lived in Alabama with those fire ants we would ring their mounds with bleach then pour the rest on the mound and got rid of them               clem

Clem I'm using Orthene Fire Ant Killer. It is the most effective and easiest to use poison I've found off the shelf. It's active ingredient is achephate. I tried most of the others and found them more work or less effective. I've not tried bleach but certainly will. I'm curious to see if I can make it work.

I did not know you had lived in Alabama. I suppose you have been following the ten commandment monument controversy in Alabama. It was finally removed. If so you may be interested to know the monument the judge placed in the court house survived longer than Moses's originals did. Too, Moses's had an advantage. He had a real judge and didn't have to deal with the mentality of the federal bureaucracy.

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here!