  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SYRIAN PRINCESS
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 11:50:41 -0500

Do you happen to recall the approximate mean temps a week or so prior to emergence and at the time of emergence? Or, other factor that may have influenced the breaking of
Rain and temps down in the mid 80s.  Just over two weeks ago we had 1/2" rain.  That was followed by nearly 1 1/2" rain last week.  Those rains came with lower temps.  The temp has not gotten much above 90F since.  The arilbreds are breaking dormancy rapidly.  The grasshoppers are attacking that new growth just about as fast.  There are still some arilbreds that haven't put in an appearance.  They may - or some may not.  I'm doubtful about some, but some of those have already put in an appearance, too.  Time will tell.  I found two emerging today that weren't apparent yesterday.  New growth and new acquisitions are choice morsels for a grasshopper banquet, unfortunately.  I'm going to have to lay some $$$ and see if I can limit the damage.
Bill Burleson 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here!