[PHOTO] TB: Sea Power/ Shore Patrol | Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:57:15" />

[PHOTO] TB: Sea Power/ Shore Patrol

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: Sea Power/ Shore Patrol
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:56:14 EDT

That arguably radical, plank walkin', ballot totin', Moores feller is talkin' on the other list bout votin' performance over pictures.

Sea Power is a favored iris here. Absolutely beautiful and my feeling were a little hurt. I grow it adjacent to Shore Patrol cause I'm lazy and did not want to walk so much. Maybe save a step or two makin' reciprocal crosses. I planted similar size rhizomes with, as near as I could tell, equal number of axillary buds and at very near the same time.

Spect that Moores feller has done been practicin' what he preaches judgin' from my picture and just maybe his thinkin' ain't so radical.

Spect too, if the masses could vote what they like as opposed to what the judges say we have to, a lot more mighty fine irises would make it into routine commerce, maybe even more than a few with the vigor, stalk strength and overall quality of Shore Patrol.

Spect there is a better way to make use of judge's knowlege than the way we do.

Smiles,
Bill Burleson 7/8
Sea Power on the left, Shore Patrol on the right.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor