HIST: Clair de Lune

  • Subject: [iris-photos] HIST: Clair de Lune
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:36:09 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:36:09 -0600

I think I misspelled the name; should be 'Clair de Lune'
Sorry, I don't have a photo to post right now.  I haven't developed photos I took of my suspected plant this spring.  The only photo I've seen of 'Clair de Lune' is in 'ROOTS' 16(1); spring 2003; p. 6.
A close comparison this spring of my plant to the photo in 'ROOTS' showed them to be almost identical.
When I saw your photo, it immediately reminded me of my plant.  Mine is a strong grower and heavy bloomer.
I dug that 'ROOTS' issue out today, and that photo does look a bit different from yours; so, I suspect that your plant may not be the same after all.  On the photo in 'ROOTS' the striping on the hafts comes down around the beard more and appears to be a bit darker and browner with perhaps abit more yellow on the hafts.  It is difficult to be sure though.
Since it is in 'ROOTS', I would assume that HIPS has the photo in their data base, but I haven't found a link to it on their web site.

Thanks Dave. Could you post a picture of 'Claire de Lune' ?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor