Re: Re: Old South and the tiny little iris plot...

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Old South and the tiny little iris plot...
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 01:13:34 EDT

In a message dated 9/15/2003 11:03:07 PM Central Daylight Time, neilm@charter.net writes:

Bill, 'tain't the Suthern I know.  That should be "We hyar..."--but
any homonym will do.  I read by sound, not sight, anyway.

You gotta' be careful chere, Neil. Ifin' you start a takin' Yankees to fer to fast wif proper talkin' they onest in a while ul git one of them there complexs bout how they talk. Best to go on about teachin' Suthern real, real slow.

You would be shore nuff prechated vistin'. Casin' you don't I'm a sendin' you the promo iris stuff off list. Some of these here flags look to be plum killers.

Bout them walnuts. You can bag 'em in a tow sack and beat 'em up some pretty good atter you do. Put the sack in a number two wash tub. Cover the sack with some water and weigh it down with a big rock. Wait about a week or two. Take the sack, tub and all, on down to the creek when the water is down kinda low and ain't runnin' too much. Find you a deep hole. Throw in the sack. You ain't never seed like the fish that ul come up.

Smilin' and knowin' sumpin' bout funny fishin',
Bill Burleson 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here!