Re: Re: Walnuts and irisnuts

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Walnuts and irisnuts
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:38:57 EDT

In a message dated 9/16/2003 7:39:05 AM Central Daylight Time, redear@infinet.com writes:

That's what I call cheatin fishin. Dump the water out of the wash tub on the ground. Hard to believe how many worms will come up. Grab them quick and rinse them off. Then use them to catch the fish legal like.

It is true that fishing so is illegal. I hope it is also true that doing as you say will actually make worms come up. Makes me wonder if it would be detrimental to the white grubs in the iris beds.

In my defense I feel compelled to offer I've not fished that way in over thirty years.  Also perhaps I should add I have not had a speedin' ticket in fifteen nor thrown trash on the highway in thirty one. I sometimes write the way much of my customer base, friends, and often myself speak. I confess to loving every one of them including myself. I do appreciate offerings of knowlege tidbits, yarns and recollections regardless of dialect- Spanish, French, Russian, Aussie and Southern. Yours is particularly appreciated.

Spect I'd best not address fishin', curin' grubs, and fracturin' hard pan with dynamite.

Bill Burleson 7a/b

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here