[PHOTO] AB: JEWEL OF OMAR | Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:48:07" />

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] AB: JEWEL OF OMAR
  • From: laurief laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 03 07:47:25 -0600

I'm delighted to have found at least a couple ABs that can tough it out
in my garden.  This one's been sitting in my bed increasing like crazy
since '00 with nary a bloom ... until this year.  Suddenly 11 stalks shot
up this spring!  JoO goes nearly dormant here during the summer and is
just now starting to put out fresh growth again.  I'm surprised to see
this sort of dormancy in a quarterbred, but then I have very limited
experience with ABs.  Is this typical behavior for other OB-s?

JEWEL OF OMAR (C. Boswell, 1986). AB (OB-), 18", M. S. medium blue,
purple at base; greenish yellow styles; F. medium lime yellow, maroon
brown around violet beard. (Gingerbread Man x I. balkana) X Welcome Reward

USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN
acidic clay soil