Re: SIB: PANSY PURPLE

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: SIB: PANSY PURPLE
  • From: laurief laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 03 11:04:28 -0600

Hi Dave,

>I notice a dark purplish tinge to the bracts, and wonder if this shows on the stalk and
>leaves too?

I'm afraid I don't remember what the stalk looked like, but I don't think the leaves show any purple.  I'll try to remember to check that next time I walk by the beardless bed.

>I like this one better than most of the newer ones

I love all the Sib forms, though this one is particularly stunning with its deep, rich color and lighter edges. I also love SHAKER'S PRAYER (photos in archives and on my website) which has similar (sibirica?) form, and I can't wait to see ENID BURGOYNE bloom - hopefully next year.

Laurie

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/