RE: Re: [iris photos]HYB:planting late May_2

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Re: [iris photos]HYB:planting late May_2
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:20:43 -0700

Betty, your seedlings all look better than mine do after four months of above 100 degree temperatures.  However, the ones that sprouted in the ground have done much better than the transplanted ones.  I’ve lost at least 4/5ths of the latter, and only a few of the direct planted ones, just enough that I don’t have to worry so much about overcrowding.  I’ll post a picture when the weather cools down enough that I won’t be losing any more to heat.  It’s been 108 degrees for the past several days.  October is coming, but 100 degree temperatures lasted all the way to the end of Oct. last year.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9