Re: Re: [iris photos]HYB:planting late May_2

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: [iris photos]HYB:planting late May_2
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 19:53:03 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/2004 3:59:20 PM Central Standard Time, fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net writes:

Betty, your seedlings all look better than mine do after four months of above 100 degree temperatures.

We've had some years when 100+ days were common, but I'm thankful those are rare.  This year has been cool, compared to most years.  We do get humidity.

I've got some scattered through the beds that didn't do well.  I normally only plant the strongest.  With all this new space, I got carried away and planted everything that was big enough.  Weak seedlings are still weak seedlings!  Also, I suspect a couple got a touch of round up when some of the fans poked through the holes in the mum pots.  I trimmed the ones I found.  Time will tell.

I'm really getting tired!  I'll probably go back to planting only the strongest again!
Next year, I hope to set so many pods that I can't plant them all!  Eager anticipation!

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives