Re: Re:(iris)CULT:WillowWater

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re:(iris)CULT:WillowWater
  • From: <willwarner@alltel.net>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 11:19:15 -0500

I don't know how well it will work with iris.  I also don't know if the
variety of willow will effect results.  You can make a root stimulator from
willow cuttings fairly easy.  Get a good amount of young willow stems,
and stike with a hammer a few times to bust the stems.  You could also
bend it around a few times to open it up a little better.  Bring some
water to a boil.  Turn heat off, and shortly after add the willow stems.
Cover, and llow them to steep until cool.  Do not boil the willow stems.
Think of it, as a willow tea.  This creates a more bacteria-free willow
water, than just soaking stems in water for days.  If you use this on iris,
please post your results.  It works really good for tomato transplants.
Good luck.
Will Warner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM