Re: HYB: potted seedlings and thank yous

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: potted seedlings and thank yous
  • From: jjnettles <jjnettles@comporium.net>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:41:16 -0400

I just wanted to take a minute to thank Mike Greenfield for
sharing his method of growing seedlings.  I followed the
directions in his article with just one small change.  I
=====================================
I grew some "noids" that I found lying out under some leaves when I raked up
a bed thisa spring. (Could have been "Freeze-Thaw" Had a late freeze in
March) Don't ask me how they got there I don't know. I put themindividually
in 2-gallon nursery pots and placed them on a new raisedcontainer rack which
is now a full fledged "nursery" for the Old. Coot. I have had trouble in
past years in planting "small"  divided bulbs, but this proven to be a GREAT
way to get them up to size. None blomed this year but every one of them had
good folliage. I re-planted them this fall when I planted my other "bought"
Iris.

An O.C. Looking for a "blooming" good spring next