Re: Seedling Beds

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Seedling Beds
  • From: "Robin Shadlow" <rshadlow@wildmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 01:13:29 -0500

Bob,

Hopefully you can get a take with Louisa'a Song and Rosalie Figge.  I
had managed to set two pods on RF before I heard that it wasn't
fertile  : )  Of course, I managed to get 0% germination that year.

I've noticed that the descendants of Violet Miracle that rebloom so
well here do not make pollen.  Considering how fertile VM's pollen
is, that seems like a surprise to me.

5000 is a lot of seedlings, I've been feeling pretty pressed trying
to take care of half that many.  It should really increase your odds
for getting something good though.

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

where Lo Ho Silver has finally decided it will bloom for me after
all, it only took it two years to swing into action.

Care2 make the world greener!
Good People. Great Causes. Get Connected on Care2 Connect:
http://www.care2.com/go/z/C2Connect

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM