Re: HYB: Umbrata

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Umbrata
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:06:38 -0400

Wow, Neil  --  what a red!  ROGUE, in my garden, was border bearded in height, nowhere near the 38" in its registration description.  What's the height of this seedling?  And yes, this really does illustrate the umbrata effect.  I'd sure like to see what this seedling crossed with my rebloomer HAUNTING (attached) would produce, since HAUNTING is a red-violet with the umbrata, although it appears slightly more blue-violet in the photo.  --  Griff