CULT: Conclusion on Burnt Toffee

  • Subject: [iris-photos] CULT: Conclusion on Burnt Toffee
  • From: "Cordesview" <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:19:06 -0400

Well, thank you all so much for the photos and links of Burnt Toffee.  I have come to two conclusions.  The falls on all the photos of Burnt Toffee are much alike in each of the 5 pictures I've seen.  However, the standards are different on each photo.  I am paying special attention to the patterning and amount of color in each part of the standard.  Too bad they weren't a little more open to expose the stylearms!

Maybe this could be a "curse" of the digital photo and/or computer screen.  Or, climate, soil types and/or fertilizers could be the difference.  I plan on doing a short study on this iris next year, as I think some of the members of our club grow this iris.  (that gives me an excuse to take a day or two off work to visit their gardens!  yay! :-)  Maybe I'll come up with the same conclusions, even in our growing area. :-)

Thanks again!

Much appreciation;
Adam Cordes
Hillman, Michigan