TB: Ship Shape?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: Ship Shape?
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:59:41 -0400
  • R0c0ed: (from lindsey@localhost) by lorien.mallorn.com (8.11.7/8.11.7) id i8NDxRW27011 for mhonarc; Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:59:27 -0500

SHIPSHAPE [all one word] (S. Babson, R. '68) ...TB, 38", M...Medium blue self.  Pacific Panorama X Epic...Melrose '69.
Check List 1969, next to last entry, p. 191.
This occurs in a large number of pedigrees, by the way, and is one of the sources of wide, wide hafts in modern blues and whites.  The photo is of a darker blue than I would expect from Babson's variety.  That is not to say the plant is mislabeled.  I never grew it myself.  Whether or not it is correctly identified, it is a lovely iris.
SHIPSHAPE is a significant historic.
Neil Mogensen  z 7  western NC mountains

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links