2005 Seedling pots.

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] 2005 Seedling pots.
  • From: "Cordesview" cordesview@m33access.com
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:11:21 -0400

Hey everyone!
I'm back.  Boy, this was such a busy summer for the farm!  (As well as our iris club, too!)
I just potted up my seedlings, and here's a picture of 'em basking away in my greenhouse.
Last year's 937 seeds only yielded 5 seedlings in June.  I was very disappointed, but also
very encouraged that at least it I'm not in my 17th year of hybridizing when I lose a whole batch
of seedlings!  (This is only my 2nd year. . . )
So, how often should I water these babies?  Twice a day -- thorough soaking?

Adam Cordes
President -- Mio Iriarians
Hillman, Michigan
Region 6