In a message dated 9/2/2005 3:27:00 P.M. Central Standard Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
<<After all, one commercial distributor unknowingly distributing a misnamed cultivar over several seasons and those acquiring it sharing and trading under the wrong name is all it would take. >>
Such a case seems to be with Lloyd Zurbrigg's LATEST STYLE.  I had the real one several years ago, but left it behind in 1998.  Since then I've tried to buy it again, and I'm getting a pink iris.  Easy to tell it NOT LS.
It's hard to say when and where the switch was made but at least two suppliers have the pink one.  I've been in contact with two more suppliers this year and I'm assured by both have the correct cultivar.