NOIDS [was: Just in from seller]

  • Subject: [iris-photos]NOIDS [was: Just in from seller]
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 08:12:12 EDT

In a message dated 9/2/2005 7:44:20 P.M. Central Standard Time, neilm@charter.net writes:

<<A supposedly reputable vendor or trader, on the other hand, refusing to
correct an error of an astonishingly obvious nature in the CHILI PEPPER
incident is unconscionable.>>
Neil, let me add another chapter to this story.

Years ago I was sent an iris as a bonus.  (About the same time as my Koala incident) Looked it up in the R & I and waited patiently for a white iris to bloom, but it bloomed red.  I contacted the grower, who promptly sent me a replacement.  The new iris bloomed red also!

This time when I contacted the grower, I was told this is the iris that was received from the hybridizer!  (same as Koala) Accidents can happen anywhere along the line.

The R & I have been my best source material for years.

Again, if the grower would check their new acquisitions each year at bloom time against what the R & I records?  I know it's another job at a busy time, but it could stop a lot of this.

I decided not to buy from our club sale unless I know it came straight from a clump I've seen in the garden.  The one member that brings many misnamed irises to the sale sold enough irises last year to finance an extended trip for her and her husband!

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS