Re: Seedling 99AH13

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Seedling 99AH13
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 12:14:20 +0000

Kate, Sometimes I feel the same way, but then I start thinking of the possibilities.  What is on the other side of the bridge around the next cornor over the next hill.  I guess thats the adventure.  Try to give the flower more definition or more contrast.  Is there a chance of making the flower even prettier.  As you look at 99AH13 you can see there is a little difference in the shade of the Standards and the Falls.  The varieties I suggested are dark tops with a lot of difference between the S & F.  Will the horn pick up the color of the Standards hence creating an even starker contrast between the Falls and the Horn.  Will I get better bud productions from making another cross, better substance add a little lace.  POSSIBILITIES!!!  Will it be the next Dykes Medal Winner?  I too am fairly new, only making crosses since 1998, so define why you want to be a hybridizer then purse that end.  Anyone like to add anything.
Bob in Denver
Bob in Denver
I'm new to hybridizing, very new.
This is a beautiful iris the way it is.  Why would you recross?  What would you hope to achieve?
Just trying to learn...
Kate - Aurora ON - zone 5b

iris4u2@comcast.net wrote:
Looking over some of my seedlings, discovered I hadn't posted a couple in the past.   This is 99AH13 Speed Limit X Twice Thrilling.  Should of recrossed this one a long time ago with Crowned Heads or Crystal Gazer.  I'll try to remember to do it next year.
Bob in Denver
Iris4u Iris Garden