Re: Early Bloom Season

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Early Bloom Season
  • From: Bruce & Linda Silversity@comcast.net
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:15:53 -0500

Title: Re: [iris-photos] Early Bloom Season
Here I am excited about all the fall growth my new iris are showing and you throw out the NEW BLOOMS!  Just lovely.  So I can I come and stay with you for a month?  LOL  I will still have some summer growth time where I live, but certainly not iris...except for the rebloomers that are just starting to shoot up now.  In TN we don't get cold until usually mid or late Nov.  Gotta say that I Envy your new blooms and the start of a season! :) :) :)  I'll just keep looking forward to next Spring!  I have almost 200 new iris this year so I am having a good time!  Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos!  Here's wishing you a fabulous season!
Linda

Hi

As most of you are getting ready for your winter hibernation, we're warming up for what looks like a very early bloom season. Looks like things will be about 10-14 days earlier than usual. We also have the Australia Iris Convention here this year. I'm taking a months long service leave from work so I can work 14 hours a day on irises. Long service leave? believe me if you can't get it you shouldn't ask.

Here's a photo of a new release PC, of mine,  that is flowering early and Auroralita.

Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills AUST
zone 8/9

colleen@impressiveirises.com.au