Re: TB: No. 1 favorite iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: No. 1 favorite iris
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:58:03 -0500

It is beautiful. I would love to have it in my garden,

This is the iris that got me hooked on modern tall bearded irises.  I believe it was in 1987 that I first saw it in Shepard’s Iris Garden here in Phoenix and thought it was the most beautiful flower I had ever seen.  The bed was surrounded by art students who were trying to capture its effervescence on paper.  I ordered it at once and paid the highest price I had ever paid for any plant, $10.