Re: Seedlings

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Seedlings
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:41:44 +0000

Betty, When I left the seeds out in the weather for the whole winter they would normally start sprouting mid/to end of April but I wouldn't get any blooms the following year.  Two years is a long time to wait!!!   By giving them the two extra months of growth many send up bloom stalks the next year.  Its like taking a peak at the wrapped Christmas presents before Christmas morning.
Bob in Denver
Iris4u Iris Garden