Re: Soaking iris seeds to leach out inhibitors

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Soaking iris seeds to leach out inhibitors
  • From: "Dan Meckenstock" dmeck@eaglecom.net
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:48:54 -0000

My guess is the brown exudate is probably water soluble polyphenols,
anthocyanindins and tannins in the seed coat. These compounds defend
the seed against pathogens and probably are not the inhibitors you are
trying to remove. Look at it this way, you just made a cup of tea.
Unless you are looking for a new meaning of life, don't drink it, it's
probably a purge.

dan
www.rediris.us