HYB: Matrix for red rebloomers?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: Matrix for red rebloomers?
  • From: "Robin Shadlow" rshadlow@wildmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:15:08 -0500

I was looking through some of my seedling photos and I came across a few that
might be interesting.  Matrix may be useful for work on getting red
rebloomers.  Two different crosses produced some 'red' progeny.  The Scottish
Reel x Matrix cross had about 1/3 showing some variation of red.  There was
only one red from about 15 that bloomed in the Wearing Rubies X Matrix cross-
most of these were bitones- quite a few with tangerine beards. (no fall
stalks on either of these crosses so far, darn)

I keep telling myself that I'm not working for reds, but I guess if I keep
getting them...

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

where I'm busy counting those seeds so I can get them potted up  : )

Hurricane relief - how you can help: http://go.care2.com/katrina

http://www.Care2.com  Free e-mail. 100MB storage.  Helps charities.