Re: HYB: Matrix for red rebloomers?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Matrix for red rebloomers?
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 01:01:32 -0700 (PDT)

I like both but the second one (Wearing Rubies x Matrix) is wonderful.  What a great color.
Jan in Chatsworth

Robin Shadlow <rshadlow@wildmail.com> wrote:
I was looking through some of my seedling photos and I came across a few that might be interesting.  Matrix may be useful for work on getting red rebloomers.  Two different crosses produced some 'red' progeny.  The Scottish Reel x Matrix cross had about 1/3 showing some variation of red.  There was only one red from about 15 that bloomed in the Wearing Rubies X Matrix cross- most of these were bitones- quite a few with tangerine beards. (no fall stalks on either of these crosses so far, darn)

I keep telling myself that I'm not working for reds, but I guess if I keep getting them...

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

where I'm busy counting those seeds so I can get them potted up  : )

Hurricane relief - how you can help: http://go.care2.com/katrina

http://www.Care2.com  Free e-mail. 100MB storage.  Helps charities.

Yahoo! for Good