From: "Robin Shadlow" <rshadlow@wildmail.com>
To: <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2005 12:45 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: Matrix for red rebloomers?

> I was looking through some of my seedling photos and I came across a
few that might be interesting.  Matrix may be useful for work on
getting red rebloomers.  Two different crosses produced some 'red'
progeny.  The Scottish Reel x Matrix cross had about 1/3 showing some
variation of red.  There was only one red from about 15 that bloomed
in the Wearing Rubies X Matrix cross- most of these were bitones-
quite a few with tangerine beards. (no fall stalks on either of these
crosses so far, darn)

> I keep telling myself that I'm not working for reds, but I guess if
I keep getting them...