Re: [Spam--!] Re: Red Fox and other Critters

  • Subject: Re: [Spam--!] Re: [iris-photos] Red Fox and other Critters
  • From: Bill Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 15:15:37 -0500

I hesitate to admit this because there are some members here who are
appalled at the idea of killing any creature. Nevertheless, those of us
who live amongst the wildlife, though respecting and revering all of
God's creation, realize that there are times that our needs and wants
take precedence over certain destructive pests. This morning, I
dispatched my SEVENTH armadillo this growing season. Four were shot
directly during periodic "night patrols" with my .22. The other three
were trapped in a live trap, then summarily executed.

Living way out in the middle of many hundreds of acres of forest, I
expect to be surrounded by wildlife, and for the most part we peacefully
co-exist and my life is immesurably richer because of their presence.
Only very occasionally over the last 25 years have I had to kill
animals. The occasional possum or coon in the chicken house has had to
die. I have suffered the depradations of many, many deer in recent years
and only one has paid the ultimate price for their raiding of my
plantings. But these armadillos are a plague! At the risk of sounding
heartless, I say... kill 'em all!!!

Bill Wells (reloading in southern MO)

Pearl Doyle wrote:
> You can sit up all night with a shotgun if you have time. I have tried a
> live trap but only caught my dog in it.
>     HI,
>     What can you do to stop this type of damage?
>     Char, New Berlin WI

Yahoo! Groups Links