{Disarmed} RE: Re: HYB: tiny rhizomes

  • Subject: {Disarmed} RE: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: tiny rhizomes
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 20:58:19 -0700

That is certainly a different color.  I like it.

I’ve been digging seedlings.  Many have big rhizomes with good increases.  I have also found a lot of balding.  It is sad to dig a big healthy looking clump and find no roots, and no increase.  That clump was doomed to bloom out, if it didn’t die before.  Some times three out of seven clumps of the same iris in the same row would be affected, and the other four would be fine.  I don’t understand it.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9