TB: New Day Dawning

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: New Day Dawning
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@lock-net.com
  • Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 11:50:05 -0400

NEW DAY DAWNING and ABSOLUTE TREASURE are the two club purchase
cultivars I am 'fostering' this year for our local club to bring
increase to other members and eventually to sell to the public in our
annual fundraiser sales.

New plants go into a big container of 'dirty perlite' until I get around
to planting them either in the ground or in their own individual
containers.  These were in the big container for less than three weeks.
Root growth on ABSOLUTE TREASURE is adequate, but look at the roots on
NEW DAY!  Wow.  That's as good as any of my rowdy seedlings can do.

I have high hopes for this one doing well here, if it can handle the
climate and soil diseases.  Will grow it in a pot of dirty perlite for
the first year to make sure I get some pollen from it.

Joe, do you have any more than grow roots like this?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image

JPEG image