{Disarmed} Re: HEMSTITCHED photo

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] HEMSTITCHED photo
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 19:02:24 -0500

Yes Please post all!  I would love to see them.

On 9/3/06, Riley Probst <rprobst02@earthlink.net> wrote:

Linda,

This was HEMSTITCHED, Hager 1990, reblooming in our garden in Kirkwood, MO (zone 6) last November 2005. It seems to be much darker here than in your garden in east Tennessee as posted on 8-30-06. The markings seem to be very similar. I have had my clone of the plant for years (since the early 90's) and it has always bloomed dark and bold here. I don't know if yours or mine is wrong, or if it is different conditions.

The 1980's AIS Registration book says "White, narrow edge stitched lavender violet, heavily veined hafts; pale blue white beard. (Space Odyssey x Socialite) X Earl Of Essex.

It would be interesting to hear from other irisarians from other parts of the country to find out if they have the pale HEMSTITCHED or the darker bolder HEMSTITCHED. As it starts reblooming across the country this fall, please everyone post HEMSTITCHED so we can all see others in different parts of the country.

Riley Probst

__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=34272&stime=1157328287

Iris Iris plants Purple iris
Iris bulb Photos of