{Disarmed} Re: Re: tiny rhizomes

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: tiny rhizomes
  • From: "Francesca Thoolen" arilpums@comcast.net
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:43:26 -0700

Hi Donald, Sorry for the delay in responding but we have returned from a small hiatus with family and could't give your message a reply. I am attaching my pedigree version of your cross. Unfortunately I do not have much info on the Rich seedling crosses but I believe Jim Whitely does. He was one of the last people intimately associated with Jonnye Rich before her death, so she may have left him her list of seedling crosses. In which case it would be good for you to obtain any info he could supply to fill in your voids re her sdlgs. Please do not mention my name for private reasons. It is possible that if some of those onco genes were small, that maybe thru crossovers or whatever, your plant inherited the tendency to be on the smaller side. That would be a plus in my opinion.

On another subject, I have a copy of one of your photos which I had downloaded some time ago and one of them appears to be very promising, the lower left photo. The cross was out of Rose Mohr. I looked in the cklists and all I could find that would closely resemble her was Rosy Mohrn. It is a Vallette introduction. Do you think that would be the pod parent you mention as Rose Mohr? Regards,

Francesca