COMP: archived messages (Re: HYB: PFIC1-reb

  • Subject: [iris-photos] COMP: archived messages (Re: HYB: PFIC1-reb
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 07:41:28 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Linda Mann <lmann@...> wrote:

> Ok Donald, now you have me totally mystified - the photos still
aren't
> in the hortnet archives, so how did you know the subject line?

The iris-photos group is really a Yahoo group that is also archived
by Hort.net.  So if I think I'm missing something via Hort.net, I'll
log on to Yahoo Groups and check those archives.  Anytime I reply to
a post (as here) I do it via the Yahoo archives so it will show in
the archives as a response to a specific message.  Your post was in
the Yahoo archives with the subject line, though the photos aren't
stored in those arhives.  So I replied to the message and text and
the subject line was automatic.  It took about six hours before my
reply hit either group.  No clue why it took so long.

This doesn't work for iris-L.  It has been for some time exclusively
a hort.net list and there are no current Yahoo archives.  The
archives are available for anyone to read, but only members can post
to that list.

Donald

Yahoo! Groups Links