{Disarmed} Re: HYB: Hybridizing quiz

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Hybridizing quiz
  • From: brimmsplace brimmsplace@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:33:46 -0700 (PDT)

All right Griff, I'll take a shot, even though I've never hybridized anything in my life.  To improve the standards on 20Q5?  They don't seem that erect, kinda floppy on top. Maybe improve the color of the standards also? Seem a little pale to me.

"J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net> wrote:
Here's a little quiz for our beginning hybridizers (although anyone is welcome to chime in):
Why would I cross these two flowers?  Both are bicolors.  The stands and falls of both are in the same spectra.  While LYNSY ALEXANDRA's almost complete lack of haft marks is attractive, I also like the bold markings on 20Q5.  So, why would I cross them?
Hint:  To improve 20Q5 in some way.
What's the desired improvement?
--  GriffWeb Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=43451/grpspId=1602632694/msgId=34318/stime=1157996192/nc1=3848608/nc2=3848446/nc3=3848531

Checked by AVG Free Edition.