{Disarmed} Re: HYB: Hybridizing quiz

  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Re: HYB: Hybridizing quiz
  • From: Robin Shadlow rshadlow@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:40:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Griff,
This is what I thought when I saw your seedling-  it doesn't show so great in my pic, but Lynsy Alexandra does have a rim on the falls and your seedling has a more pronounced rim.  You may be working towards wider hafts and a wider or more pronounced rim at the same time.  I also expect that you will get some variation of this color pattern and will get some very pleasing colors from the cross.  You'll have to post some pictures when they bloom.
zone 5 NE
where Days of Summer has a rebloom stalk started in spite of significant freeze damage to that clump (which btw did bloom this spring in spite of the dmg) due to a late snow this spring

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2/min or less. __._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=34338&stime=1158032516

Iris Iris plants Purple iris
Iris bulb Photos of