Re: HYB: Color change

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: Color change
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@lock-net.com
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:49:17 -0400

Thanks for all the interesting discussion, with pictures (iris-photos).

From what you say, Chuck, it sounds like this is a phenomenon that is
restricted to the anthocyanin (i.e., blue/purple) pigments, not just
that we notice it more with those darker pigments than with the
yellows/oranges/pinks.

Back to my original question (re: PFIC1-reb) - is this something that
you daubers notice as being more prevalent with older cultivars/gene
pools, or just as likely to show up in recent introductions?

I ask because I'm daubing some with older things and wonder if it's
something I need to pay special attention to (along with stalk strength,
width, substance, etc etc etc....)

PFIC1-reb is from PINK FORMAL X (IMMORTALITY x CELEBRATION SONG)
<http://www.hort.net/lists//iris-photos/sep06/msg00029.html>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links