{Disarmed} Re: Foliar damage

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Foliar damage
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 21:33:01 -0500

I also understand that the foliage spreads it from plant to plant.  When the spots turn brown they become active with spore that blows on the wind or is carried by insects to other plants. So cleaning out the old leaf helps to stop the spread.   A local iris grower told us about a product, Consom 20 that is an antifungal that is approved to be used in restaurants to clean tables and dishes.  I spray with this once a season and I have found amazing changes with little to no spot after using it.  I usually mix a little vegetable oil and dish soap to help make it stick good to the plants and use a regular pump sprayer to apply it.  Thanks all I got!  :)  Have a great night all
Linda in Lascassas