Re: Cult :Zunk Moth

  • Subject: Re: Cult :Zunk Moth
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 14:36:01 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 14:36:02 -0600

Hi,  I don't know if you ever got a reply as to what this is.  It is often called a Bumblee Moth for obvious reasons.  It is a type of Hummingbird, Sphinx or Hawk Moth.  The name is Hemaris diffinis, and the common name in most books is the 'Snowberry Clearwing'.  As the name suggests the larvae (smallish Hornworms) feed on Snowberry and other mostly related shrubs and trees.