Re: [SPAM]Re: Cult: Colorful Grasshopper on Iris (3)-

  • Subject: Re: [SPAM]Re: Cult: Colorful Grasshopper on Iris (3)-
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 05:27:14 -0700

I don't know if we have more colorful because it warmer here or not.
But what concerns me was the comments from Dave that  knows about grasshoppers.  It seems these are "maybe" not suppose to  be here or even extinct.
I had corn this year and it seems every time  I get corn growing, then I seem to have lots of grasshoppers,--but have never notice this kind.
Something, probably them, even ate a few marigold plants. Now, I always thought marigold plants among your vegetables would help keep bugs down. I still have plenty marigold plants and it makes me wonder why they attack some and not others. One was close to the corn, but the other marigold was on another side of the yard. What ever would eat all of say one marigold and the one beside left untouched.
Mother Nature will always keep us on our toes to try to figure out how to work with her.
Linda in CW AZ