Re: OHS pictures

The pictures are all magnificent!!  You seem to have had wonderful bloom this year.  Thank you.
Jan in Chatsworth

Sandy Ives <rives@rogers.com> wrote:
The pictures at this link are the last from a series of garden tours at my place in May and June.  The pictures are excellent, the siberians especially.
The first seedling is a repeater 'Webmaster' x 'Fancy Woman'.  It threw up a second spike about three weeks after the first finished.  I have seen this in siberians but not with bearded iris (in Ottawa).
The seedling GJSP is 'Gaelic Jig' x 'Sea Power'; and I believe I may have posted an image in 2005.  It seems to have good colour and growth habits.  While I wasn't fond of the GJ parent, I cringe now to think I got rid of it before establishing that it was an outstanding parent.  It will be back in the garden soon.
The historic 'Lemon Chiffon' was hybridized by my great grandfather, then introduced by his widow in 1944 (or so).
'Sargent Preston' and 'Ring Around Rosie' are the outstanding TBs in my garden.
(An offspring of SP (with 'Sea Power' as pollen parent) gave me three blue selfs with variagated foliage out of 27 seeds.  Two are still around and both are stable.)

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Kevin Sites