Re: Re: Loic's seedlings C014A

  • Subject: Re: Re: Loic's seedlings C014A
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:17:44 -0400

As the "I" inhibitor of anthocyanin is dominant, then half of seedlings
will have anthocyanin = 50%. As both parents have yellow (lycopene is a
yellow when not ttt, so 100% will be yellow based. Ae is dominant so
50 % of seedlings will have Ae. So 1.0 X 0.5 X 0.5 = 0.25 or 25 percent,
or 1 out of four. this is assuming only one dosage of Ae in Romantic
Evening and one dosage of I in Midsummer's Eve. This would work with
Immortality, but not with Midsummer Eve. This is because of tangerine
factor in both Midsummer Eve and Romantic Evening.

The kicker is that the yellow that is base of black in Romantic
Evening is alternative yellow.

As both Midsummer Eve and Romantic Evening are tttt, all seedlings from
this cross should have tangerine beards. As none of the C014 seedlings
shown have tangerine beard, I suspect an error has crept in somewhere.

The yellow that is a base of the black with tangerine beards is the
alternative yellow , which is recessive. So this cross of Midsummer's
Eve X Romantic evening shoudn't produce black , unless Midsummer Eve
carries the alternative yellow. Not the same problem with Immortality,
as Immortality seems to carry tt, we now have to multiply by .5 again
to give 1 out of 8 seedlings. The black ones would have yellow beard.
The one's inheriting tttt & Ae and not having "I" would
be a rich
burgundy. Assuming Immortality does not have genetics for alternative
yellow

Chuck Chapman