HYB: IMVC & camera mystery

  • Subject: HYB: IMVC & camera mystery
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:25:10 -0400

IMMORTALITY X VIOLET CLASSIC. Low bud count, not reliable rebloom, slow
increaser, but very pretty today in the rain.

The photo I posted the other day was taken with the camera held upside
down & it turned out so much better in focus than most of my pictures, I
tried it again today. The upside down pictures put the foreground in
focus, but rightside up, it doesn't, especially with light colored flowers.

What the heck is going on? The camera is a cheapo, FinePix 2650,
autofocus with 3x optical zoom. Is the targeting thingie (little circle
in the viewfinder) out of whack or is it designed such that the
autofocus assumes I'm usually pointing slightly "up" and things, instead
of down, & tries to compensate?

Linda Mann east TN
4 inches of rain in the bucket and another week of rain in the forecast....

JPEG image

JPEG image