Re: Re: HYB: HoM X Renown sdlgs

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: HoM X Renown sdlgs
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:28:58 -0400

<<Renown also has four sets of "recessive reduction " of carotene.>>

Spring of 2009 I took these pictures of RENOWN.

What pigment/pigments are we seeing on the haft of RENOWN?

My work with RENOWN is new and very limited. For me, most crosses have
produced 20 or less seed per pod, and germination has been minimal.
(Sweet Musette x Memphis Miss) X Renown (20 seed) produced 3 first year
germinants and 1 second year germinant. Two lavender to the rosy side,
one much darker with reddish hues. The fourth hasn't bloomed yet.
Treasured X Renown (20 seed) produced ONE very nice seedling--reverse
very pale yellow with just a hint of lavender.

Betty Wilkerson
Bridge In Time Iris Zone 6