Re: CULT: question
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: CULT: question
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 09:15:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Donald,

It would seem that the easiest answer would be to add soil to the top.  Is this an option?  Your soil looks a lot more rocky than mine, or is that an added rock mulch?
<<Has anyone fiddled around with rhizomes that do this?>>
Typically, I let them sink or swim on their own as I don't want "difficult" tendencies adding to my breeding problems.  One entire cross didn't put on increases for over a year.  Eventually they did but remained scarce, and they didn't bloom for something like three years.   As it turned out they were a waste of time and space.  A reverse cross was better in all ways.

Betty W.
KY zone 6