Re: Cricket Damage
  • Subject: Re: Cricket Damage
  • From: "Jean Sturtevant" <jms1027@insightbb.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:34:40 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Thank you for the information.  I only threw away a couple small SDB rhizomes.  I live in a condo with a small 17 x 9 garden area.  I heard one cricket out there this summer.
Don't know if he found another one to mate with or not!!!  But that seems to be the only damage I've seen so far.
Good to know I can save the rhizomes.  I haven't noticed a big cricket problem here in KY, but I sure  had them back in Nebraska.
I've got all my irises planted for this year and distributed "extras" to my friends at our duplicate bridge club.  I plant between 50 - 60
in what little space I have, but, of course, I have to be very selective.  Plan to rotate some every year so I can also enjoy the new intros.
Jean in KY

JPEG image