Re: Re: Cricket Damage
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: Cricket Damage
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:40:36 -0400

Jean et al  --  When I get a cricket attack, I sprinkle the garden with diatomaceous earth  --  you can get it at the hardware store.  It gets rid of the crickets.  It damages their feet.  For those still wondering, typical cricket damage looks like someone using a teaspoon scooped a piece about as big as your fingernail out of the back of the rhizome.  The critters seem to prefer certain varieties over others.  Who knows about crickets' taste?  --  Griff