HYB: this yr's refrigerator sdlgs
  • Subject: HYB: this yr's refrigerator sdlgs
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 17:30:53 -0500

Germinated over the winter, lined out in spring, not watered or
fertilized since.

The sort of close up is of SELECT CIRCLE X BELVI QUEEN, seeds from
Margie Valenzuela in AZ. Margie sez there is a slight possibility these
are SC X TANZANIAN TANGERINE - chance of a tag mixup. But given how
this batch has grown, I'm betting this is the BQ cross. The other batch
didn't do very well at all.

All the others are from the few crosses that took here in 2009. All
strong ones here, seedlings growing like gangbusters. Hot and poured
down rain thru end of July, then hot and no rain till last week.

I'm experimenting (again) with this year's crop of burritos - seeds were
all shelled, dried and stored till this week, not pre-soaked, rolled up
in slightly damp paper towels and into baggies. That's what I've been
doing with dried seeds folks have been giving me the last couple of
years - seems to work well. Running late this year, so may not be able
to get things up and big enough to line out before hot dry weather next

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7

JPEG image

JPEG image