Re: Re: Quality Standards
  • Subject: Re: Re: Quality Standards
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:34:27 +0200

Linda, i totally agree with you, rhizomes that weight 250 grams are bound to be full of water, and have very high chances to rot  here too.
The decent size of 100 grams is what i am after, with A very dense structure, hard to cut with the knife.
But the pictures i have put on iris-photo show irises between 5g and 30g;
They can't go in the garden yet or they would be lost,  they have to be potted and spend  a year in the place in the garden i call the kindergarten, and sometimes the hospital.... where 'potatoes' (used up rhizomes) are kept for extra shoots, and fragile irises that start to rot are kept under scrutiny after cutting and bleaching.
It is not the place i want to see the newly arrived irises ordered from professionals.