Re: Spring Has Sprung
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Spring Has Sprung
  • From: AIS Janet Smith <gbyp456@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 19:02:03 -0700

Hello Colleen,

Lovely, you brightened my day!
Today was thunder and lightening and rain - so our Fall begins.
All my irises have finished and I was about to become sad- no winter flowers.
AND THEN - your lovely photos.

Thanks for sharing, Happy Gardening,

Janet Smith
Foothills of Central California

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Modra <lecol@adsl.on.net> wrote:

Hi

It  would seem that we’re heading for an early bloom season here.

The prize for first out goes to SDB “Olives And Umber” with “Making Eyes” “Sugar Maple” “ Hot” and “Canadian Kisses” close behind. Went to photograph Canadian Kisses as this is new for me, only to find that birds had shredded the bloom. URGHHHH!!

First TB out is “For Colleen”

The PCIs are just starting to come out and the evansias are showing colour but not out yet.

I’m so looking forward to bloom season this year as many did not bloom last year as they were out of the ground for so long while we were moving.

Colleen Modra

PO Box 131

Mt Pleasant  SA 5235

Australia